January 29th - T Minus 5 and counting

Only five days to go before we head for Singapore on the 21.15 BA flight from Heathrow. I've just discovered that at least four other participants are on the same flight as us, so we will be able to start the partying early!

In today's Telegraph there is a front page report of bad weather, including heavy snowfalls, hitting the south and east of the UK next Monday and Tuesday. We have got to hope that Heathrow is kept clear and the flight goes on time.

If the snow does come, I'll post some photos of a snowy London, which will make quite a contrast to Singapore, where it is currently 33 degrees!

I've now heard that the cars have all cleared Singapore customs and that our 'slot' for collecting the Landcruiser is a week today at 2pm. That will give us nearly two days to make our final arrangements before the tour starts at 9am on Saturday 7th from Raffles Hotel.

Finally, thanks to Tony from Brisbane for his comments which I have published on my posting of January 23rd. It's good to see that the blog is being read by people from far and wide. If you want to read any comments click on the comment link at the bottom of each posting

1 comment:

  1. HI Tim
    From a snowy Vienna. I hope all goes well for the flight and the pick up in Singapore. My regards to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Phitsanalouk. I have not been back to look at any of these places for years and will really be looking forward to your traveller's tales. Keep an eye out for a road to Kow Lem ( I think) in N Thailand it is a big hydro electric dam site I visited about 20+ years ago.
    Bon voyage to you and Wendy
    Peter W

    ReplyDelete